Plan of Action Prior to Listing
Prepare your property to avoid surprises and maximize return and to stay in control of the selling process.
- Perform a thorough walk around of property and house to create a list of repairs and deferred maintenance to be done prior to listing.
- Have a professional Property Inspection preformed to provide a detailed checklist of work to be done. Get cost estimates and repair or replace what you can afford to do. The inspection report may be shared with prospective buyers.
- Have a Property Appraisal to accurately represent size of finished and heated space to avoid appraisal and contract issues during escrow and to encourage attractive offers from buyers. Share this with buyers interested in your home.
- Service and clean heating and air conditioning systems to ensure warranty claims paid, as well as all other mechanical and house systems.
- Declutter, depersonalize and CLEAN your house thoroughly to keep focus on architecture.
- Have a professional stager work to neutralize interior paint and décor where possible to highlight architectural paneling, moldings and features of the home. This will help prospective buyers envision living in your home.
- ONCE YOUR HOME IS LISTED - Remember to keep your home Show Ready at all times - when you leave for the day/weekend - you'll want to ensure beds are made, sinks clean, toys picked up, dogs put away - to capitalize on all of your hard work and help get your home sold quickly.
- Ask about The Honeywill Team Pre-List Services Package to help you get the most for your home.